I have been given two awards by fellow bloggers: The Sunshine Blogger Award and The Versatile Blogger Award. (Pause for victory dance - picture Elaine on Seinfeld). Woo Hoo!!!
Thank you so very much to the fantastic blogs awarding these honors: http://figuringitoutaswegrow.blogspot.com/2012/07/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html
And, with great power comes great responsibility. Recipients must answer a Spanish Inquisition style grilling about yourself. Or is it more like a roast? Either way, here goes!
The Sunshine Award asks the following questions:
1.) What would you most like to change about
yourself? ~ Eesh. Want a top 10 list or alphabetical?
2.) What is your theme song? ~ As a former radio morning show host I cannot answer this with only one song. It changes by the hour depending on my mood, children and weather.
3.) One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that
you wish you could surgically remove from your brain? ~ Honestly none! Everything I have done has lead me to my blessed and amazing life.
4.) What generation do you wish you’d been a part
of? ~ I am proud to be a Gen X-er. However, I would like to visit the 1800's when everything was literature based and proper. I would need to take modern conveniences with me like showers and Dunkin' Donuts large iced hazelnuts with cream and Splenda.
5.) What was your favorite childhood toy? ~ As a major-ass bibliophile, books were hands down my favorite addiction as a child and continue into my adulthood.
6.) What is your favorite household chore? ~ Favorite chore? Isn't that an oxymoron? My least hated chores are probably cleaning the kitchen and laundry. My most loathed are cooking dinner and cleaning the floors.
7.) Do you twitter? Oh yeah! Just started and have made some amazing new friends! You can follow me at: https://twitter.com/Momaical. I am much more versed with Facebook though. I just started a fan page for my blog: http://www.facebook.com/MomaicalBlog
8.) Any goals? ~ Honestly, I want to get my Ph.D. and be able to get paid to write funny things.
9.) Do you really drink margaritas all the
time? ~ Ew. No way. I over tequila'd myself with my sorority and have been nauseated at the smell of tequila ever since.
10.) What’s the ugliest car you’ve ever
driven? ~ I have been really fortunate to have great cars. My husband loves car shopping and I am spoiled absolutely rotten by the cars I drive. Absolutely. Rotten.
The Versatile Blogger asks you for 7 random facts about yourself. Deep breath. Hmmm, this is much harder.
1. I absolutely hate having bare feet. It creeps me out. As much as I completely respect people's wishes for me to remove my shoes when I enter their home, I spend the entire visit uncomfortable as a result. I keep flip flops next to the bed to put on the minute I wake up and wear them until I go back to bed (except for showering).
2. When I was a radio morning show host I went by the name Paige Hunter. I chose Paige because it was my favorite girl name at the time. Hunter was one of my best friends maiden names.
3. I left radio because my skin is thinner than a Victoria's Secret model. Every day people are telling you how to act, what to say, how to look and what "your opinion" should be. Strangers in sweatpants tell you how much uglier you are than they thought you'd be. My boss kept telling me to "stop acting so smart. Giggle more and just be nice (aka ditsy)." After my last gig ended I needed something stable and wouldn't mess with my low self esteem on a daily basis.
4. I absolutely hate my stomach. Always have. Even when I weighed 95 pounds in high school it was never flat. Now it is so stretched out and looks like a road map. I see other women with these amazing stomachs post children and I am such a hater. I will compliment them on it - because I know how much work it takes most people to maintain said stomach. But I will still be a super jealous petty hater.
5. I can actually cook very well. I just loathe cooking dinner every single night. My husband calls me an event cooker because when I host a party all the bells and whistles come out. Martha Stewart is all "damn!" However, the quotidian responsibility robs me of my will to live.
6. I live in fear of something happening to my family. I start every day praying my people will be safe, sound, healthy and happy. I end the day the same way.
7. There are so many well written funny blogs out there. So. Freakin. Many. There are days I read mine and throw up in my mouth. And think "Why the hell am I doing this? I am one paramecium. So small I may just be a single mecium (yay for stupid science humor)." But one comment from a friend, one share from someone and (after my little pity party of one) I am back in the saddle hoping that someday I can compete in the big leagues.
Ok, enough about me. Now it's my time to pay it forward. I am nominating the following blogs:
If you haven't read them - you should check them out! Funny people!
Some of my favorite blogs have already been nominated - so thought I'd pay it forward to people who haven't received these awards (to my knowledge).
Again, thanks so much for recognizing my blog!